Page created: 12 Jun 2020 |
Page updated: 8 Feb 2022
With the One-Time Passcode Integration Kit, PingFederate sends a one-time passcode (OTP) to the user as part of the sign-on flow.
The following figure shows how the One-Time Passcode IdP Adapter is integrated into the sign-on process:
- The user initiates single sign-on with PingFederate and completes the first-factor authentication step, such as an HTML Form Adapter instance.
- If the adapter is configured to allow user selection:
- The adapter presents a list of OTP delivery methods to the user.
- The user selects an OTP delivery method.
- The adapter gets the user's contact information from a data store or an attribute passed from earlier in the authentication flow.
- The adapter sends the user an OTP in an email, SMS message, or automated voice call.
- The user enters the OTP in the browser.
- The adapter validates the OTP.
- PingFederate grants access to the requested resource.