Page created: 19 Aug 2019 |
Page updated: 17 Apr 2020
After selecting an OAuth or OIDC template, you can apply the template to the application and then promote the application to the appropriate environment for testing.
Prepare to provide the following:
- Name of the application.
- A brief, accurate description of your application.
- Redirect URI, if required. This is the URI your users will be directed to after they receive authorization to access your application. Redirect URIs are only required when promoting applications that use an authorization code and implicit grant types.
On the Describe Application page, enter the name of your
application and a description of the application in the Name
and Description fields.
You are adding this application to PingCentral, so your name will automatically populate the Owners field.
Optional: To add owners, click the box and select additional
owners from the list. If the name you are looking for does not display in the list,
contact your PingCentral administrator and request that the person be
Click Save and Close.
The application appears at the top of the list of applications on the Applications page.
- Promote the application to the appropriate environment. Click Promote.
Select the environment to which you want to promote the application from the
Available Environments list.
Note: If you have the Application Owner role, you cannot promote applications to protected environments, which have shield icons associated with them.
- If redirect URIs are required to promote the application, enter them in the Redirect URIs field.
If a client secret is required to authenticate your application, you can:
- Create a custom secret and enter it in the Client Secret text box.
- Generate a client secret by clicking the Generate Secret button.
- Leave the Client Secret text box empty and PingCentral
will automatically generate a client secret for you, if it is
PingCentral promotes your application to the designated environment in PingFederate. You will see the new promotion in the History section of the page.
To configure the SSO connection, provide the following information to your service
- The client ID. Click View Client Details to access the Promotion Details window, which displays the client ID.
- The client secret and OIDC discovery endpoint, which are also available in