Edit the JVM options jvm-memory.options file to customize minimum and maximum heap sizing, garbage collection, and generation specific sizing for your memory use and to optimize PingFederate's performance.
- Make a backup copy prior to any manual edits.
- The empty lines and comments, indicated by a leading
#character, are ignored.
- JVM options do not need a specific organization or order.
- You can add any JVM flag to the file to configure and customize the JVM, not just memory-related options.
- Edit the <pf_install>/pingfederate/bin/jvm-memory.options file.
To add additional JVM options, insert the applicable options to the file.
For example, to enable the aggressive options flag, configure the file as follows.
... # Enable the aggressive options flag -XX:+AggressiveOpts
The comment is optional.
- When finished, save your changes.
If PingFederate is configured to run as a service on a Windows
server, follow these steps:
- Open command prompt and go to the <pf_install>/pingfederate/sbin/wrapper directory.
This helper utility reads the JVM options from the jvm-memory.options file and creates a resource file that the PingFederate Windows service requires to configure its JVM options.
- Close the command prompt.
- Restart PingFederate.
- For a clustered PingFederate environment, repeat these steps on each engine node as needed.