This topic describes the directory and build components that comprise the SDK.
The PingFederate SDK directory (<pf_install>/pingfederate/sdk) contains the following:
- plugin-src/ — The directory where you place your custom plugin projects. This directory also contains example plugin implementations showing a wide range of functionality. You can use these examples to develop your own implementations.
- doc/ — Contains the SDK Javadocs. Open index.html to get started.
- lib/ — Contains libraries used for compiling and deploying custom components into PingFederate.
- build.properties — Contains properties used by the Ant build script, build.xml, to compile and deploy your custom components. Do not modify this file. If you need to override a property, use build.local.properties .
- build.local.properties — Allows you to specify which project you want to build and define properties specific to your environment. Use this file to declare the project you want to build.
- build.xml — The Ant build script used to compile, build, and deploy your component. This file should not need modification.
The Java SDK, along with Apache Ant, enables you to create directories for your project and use the build script to build, clean, or deploy it. For more information, see Developing your own plugin.