The PingFederate administrative console provides a wizard-like interface in which you configure your federation use cases.
The menu items depend on the administrator's permissions. For more information, see Administrative accounts.
The administrative console manages the following runtime functions:
- Performing periodic configuration archive backup
- Cleaning expired persistent authentication sessions
- Cleaning expired access grants
- Updating connections from metadata URLs, including PingOne SP connections if configured, and sends email notifications
- Performing automatic rotation of signing certificates if enabled
If you prefer not to keep the administrative console running to perform these tasks, you can create your own process to manage them.