Page created: 21 Jan 2020 |
Page updated: 15 Jul 2020
You install PingFederate on a Linux system using the distribution .zip file.
- See System requirements for a list of qualified Linux operating systems.
- Request a license key through the Ping Identity licensing website.
- Ensure you are logged on to your system with sufficient privileges to install and run an application. You must install and run PingFederate under a local user account.
- Verify that you have installed the Java runtime and that you have set the required environment variables correctly. For more information, see Installing Java.
- Download the latest version of the PingFederate Server distribution .zip file from the Ping Identity website.
- Extract the file into the target installation directory.
Start PingFederate manually by running the following script.
The startup process completes when this message appears near the end of the sequence.
To configure PingFederate to run as a service, follow the steps in Installing PingFederate service on Linux manually.
If your organization requires compliance with FIPS 140-2 or plans on managing keys and certificates using a hardware security module (HSM), see Supported hardware security modules.