Page created: 5 Jul 2022 |
Page updated: 5 Jul 2022
You can create and configure an instance of the PingID Password Credential Validator in the PingFederate administrative console.
Open the previously downloaded pingid.properties file in a text editor, copy its content, and then close the file.
- Go to Create New Instance. , and then click
- On the Type tab, from the Type list, select PingID PCV (with integrated RADIUS server) and complete the Instance Name and Instance ID fields.
On the Instance Configuration tab, configure the required
fields as follows.
Click Add a new row to 'RADIUS Clients', enter
127.0.0.1as the RADIUS IP address and a value in the Client Shared Secret field. Click Update.Tip:
127.0.0.1represents the local RADIUS client, the PingFederate administrative console, which calls the RADIUS server bundled in the PingID PCV for authentication.
The Client Shared Secret value is required for the next task.
- Click Add a new row to 'Delegate PCV's', select the previously created LDAP Username Credential Validator instance, and then click Update.
- Paste the content from the pingid.properties file into the PingID Properties File field.
- Review the rest of the default settings. Modify as needed to meet your requirements, and click Next.
- Click Add a new row to 'RADIUS Clients', enter
- On the Extended Contract tab, click Next to skip to the Summary tab.
- On the Summary tab, review, modify if needed, and save the configuration.