Page created: 24 Jul 2019 |
Page updated: 6 Nov 2019
To interface with the replication topology, the Directory Server provides a command-line utility, dsreplication, that must be used to manage and monitor replication.
Replication setup involves the following basic steps:
- Set up the servers. This is the basic installation steps to set up a Directory Server instance.
- Import or restore data to one server. After setting up the servers, at least one server should have the target data loaded through import-ldif or restore.
- Enable replication between the servers. Using the dsreplication tool, enable replication for each server to be included in the replication topology. The dsreplication enable subcommand should be run N - 1 times for a topology of N servers. See Command Line Interface for more information.
- Initialize data from source server to every server in the topology. Run the dsreplication initialize subcommand for every target server that needs a copy of the data from the source server.
- Verifying the replication topology. Administrators can check the replication status after configuring the topology using the dsreplication status tool.