Page created: 24 Jul 2019 |
Page updated: 13 Nov 2019
Depending on the circumstances, PingDirectory Server uses one of the following certificates:
- Inter-server certificate – Used for internal purposes, like the following examples:
- Replication authentication
- Inter-server authentication in the topology registry
- Reversible password encryption
- Encrypted backups and LDIF exports
- Server certificate – Presented by the server when a client uses a protocol like LDAPS or HTTPS to initiate a secure connection. A client must trust the server's certificate to obtain a secure connection to it.
The following sections describe these certificates in more detail.