Once the Directory Proxy Server has been installed, it can be automatically configured using the create-initial-proxy-config tool. This tool can only be used once for this initial configuration, after which we will have to use dsconfig to make any changes to our proxy server configuration.
- Providing a Directory Proxy Server base DN and password.
- Defining locations for each of our data centers, east and west.
- Configuring the LDAP external server in the east location.
- Configuring the LDAP external servers in the west location.
- Applying the changes to the Directory Proxy Server.