Page created: 24 Jul 2019 |
Page updated: 6 Nov 2019
- On the Source Endpoint Type menu, enter the option for the Sync Source type.
- Choose a pre-existing Sync Source, or create a new sync source.
- Enter a name for the Source Endpoint and a name for the Sync Source.
Enter the base DN for the directory server used for LDAP searches, such as
dc=example,dc=com, and press Enter to return to the menu. If entering more than one base DN, make sure they do not overlap.
- On the Server Security menu, select the type of communication that PingDataSync Server will use with endpoint servers.
- Enter the host and port of the first Source Endpoint server. The Sync Source can specify a single server or multiple servers in a replicated topology. PingDataSync Server contacts this first server if it is available, then contacts the next highest priority server if the first server is unavailable. The server tests the connection.
On the Sync User Account menu, enter the DN of the sync user account and
password, or press Enter to accept the default,
cn=Sync User,cn=Root DNs,cn=config. This account allows PingDataSync Server to access the source endpoint server.