Users can be added as members to groups that delegated administrators create and manage. Subgroups can also be added as members to a group.
The configuration for each delegated group type consists of the following elements:
- Group REST resource type – Defines the attributes to locate groups in the directory information tree (DIT).
- Parent DN or Parent resource type – Specifies the location in which to create groups in
- To specify a Parent DN for a resource type, type the value in
the Parent DN text box in the
Resource Creation section. The Parent DN is
often identical to the Search Base DN, such as
- To specify a Parent resource type, select a value from the Parent Resource
Type list box in the Resource Creation section. Delegated
administrators are subsequently presented with a list box that lets them select a resource, and
the group is created under the selected parent resource. If you specify a Parent resource type,
set a value for the Primary Display Attribute Type in the
Delegated Admin section. This setting determines the values that are
displayed in the Delegated Admin GUI. For example,
a Primary Display attribute type of
ouvalue in the list box for each resource within the Parent resource type.
- To specify a Parent DN for a resource type, type the value in the Parent DN text box in the Resource Creation section. The Parent DN is often identical to the Search Base DN, such as
- Attributes to present to the delegated administrators.
To configure a Group REST resource type, use the Edit Group REST Resource Type page in the PingData Administrator Console. The Search Base DN value in the General Configuration section determines the data structure that is searched in Delegated Admin, and the Display Name value in the Delegated Admin section specifies the label of the REST resource in the Delegated Admin GUI.
|PingData Administrator Console
|UI Form Field
|Page and Section
|UI Form Field on Create a New Group Page
|Select a Type label
|REST Resource Type
|Select a Type option
|Parent Resource Type
|Display name for Parent resource type
|Additional elements like CN, Description, Business Category, and Organization