You can create an LDIF export recurring task and add it to a recurring task chain to automate the export with a custom schedule.
Public backends are non-administrative backends containing user-supplied data.
If the global configuration is set to encrypt LDIF exports by default, the server compresses and encrypts the LDIF exports. If encryption is configured during server setup, LDIF exports are encrypted by default. The LDIF exports are rate-limited to ten megabytes per second to minimize the impact on server performance, and exports are retained for seven days. The recurring task chain is created in instances that are updated to this release. However, the task chain is not enabled by default.
To create a recurring LDIF export task:
- Start the administrative console.
In the top-level navigation menu, select Configuration,
and in the Core section, select Recurring
- In the New Recurring Task list, select LDIF Export Recurring Task.
- In the Name field, enter the desired name of the task.
Populate the rest of the task's properties according to the help text.
You must configure a value for either the Retain Previous LDIF Export Count field, which specifies the minimum number of previous LDIF exports preserved after a new export, or the Retain Previous LDIF Export Age field, which specifies the minimum age of previous LDIF exports preserved after a new export. If each of these properties has a value, then only LDIF exports failing to satisfy both criteria are candidates for removal.
- Click Save.
In the Core section, in the
Configuration menu, click Recurring Task
- Click New Recurring Task Chain.
- In the Name field, enter the desired name of the task chain.
- In the Recurring Task section, select your newly created recurring task and any other tasks you want to schedule.
- Enter the scheduling details according to the help text.
- Click Save.