PingDirectoryProxy allows you to configure different types of LDAP external servers.
You can configure information about the directory server instances accessed by PingDirectoryProxy. The default configuration for each type is tuned to be the best possible configuration for each.
The configuration information includes the following:
- Server connection information, such as IP address, port, and security layer
- Authentication information
- Methods for authenticating and authorizing clients
- Server-specific health checks
- Types of operations allowed
For example, some LDAP external servers might allow only reads and others allow reads and writes so that the PingDirectoryProxy server can recognize this and accommodate it.
For more information about configuring LDAP external servers, see Configuring LDAP external servers.