Page created: 27 Jul 2022 |
Page updated: 6 Feb 2023
Configure PingAccess to run as a Linux systemv service, causing it to start automatically when Linux starts.
The service script will only start if <JAVA_HOME> and <PA_HOME> are set and the PingAccess license file is found.
- Copy the PingAccess script file from <PA_HOME>/sbin/linux/pingaccess to /etc/init.d.
- Optional: Create a new user to run PingAccess.
Create the folder /var/run/pingaccess.
Ensure that the user who will run the service has read and write permissions to the folder.
Edit the script file /etc/init.d/pingaccess and set the
values of following variables at the beginning of the script:
export <JAVA_HOME>=: Specify the Java install folder.
export <PA_HOME>=: Specify the PingAccess install folder.
export USER=: (Optional) Specify username to run the service or leave empty for the default.
To register the service, from the /etc/init.d folder,
chkconfig --add pingaccess
To make the service script executable, run:
chmod +x pingaccess
After registering, you can use the
service command to control the
PingAccess service. The available commands
- Start the PingAccess service.
- Stop the PingAccess service.
- Restart the PingAccess service.
- Show the status of the PingAccess service and the service process identifier (PID).
service pingaccess status displays the current
status of the running PingAccess service.