Page created: 26 Jul 2021 |
Page updated: 14 Jan 2022
There are several logging retention policies for PingDataMetrics server error logging.
Select retention configuration from the following:
- Time limit rotation policy
- Rotates the log based on the length of time since the last rotation. Default implementations are provided for rotation every 24 hours and every seven days.
- Fixed time rotation policy
- Rotates the logs every day at a specified time (based on 24-hour time). The default time is 2359.
- Size limit rotation policy
- Rotates the logs when the file reaches the maximum size for each log. The default size limit is 100MB.
- Never rotate policy
- Used in a rare event that does not require log rotation.