Page created: 6 Nov 2019 |
Page updated: 2 Jun 2020
License keys are required to install all Ping products. To obtain a license key, contact your account representative or Ping Identity.
- A license is always required for setting up a new single server instance and can be used site-wide for all servers in an environment. When cloning a server instance with a valid license, no new license is needed.
- A new license must be obtained when updating a server to a new major version, for example from 6.2 to 7.0. Licenses with no expiration date are valid until the server is upgraded to the next major version. A prompt for a new license is displayed during the update process.
- A license may expire on particular date. If a license does expire, obtain a new
license and install it using
dsconfigor the Administrative Console. The server will provide a notification as the expiration date approaches. License details are available using the server's
When installing the server, specify the license key file in one of the following ways:
- Copy the license key file to the server root directory before running setup. The
setuptool will discover the file and not require input. If the file is not in the server root, the setup tool will prompt for its location.
- If the license key is not in the server root directory, specify the
--licenseKeyFileoption for non-interactive setup, and the path to the file.