To modify client connection policies, submit a request through the service request form on the Support Portal.
Client connection policies specify criteria for membership based on information about the client connection, including client address, protocol, communication security, and authentication state and identity. The client connection policy does not control membership based on the type of request being made.
Client connection policies are based on two things:
- Connection criteria: Connection criteria is used by the client connection policies, but it is also used when the server needs to match connection-level properties, such as filtered logging. A single connection can match multiple connection criteria definitions.
- Evaluation order index: If multiple client connection policies are
defined in the server, then each of them must have a unique value for the
evaluation-order-index property. Client connection policies are evaluated in
order of ascending evaluation order index. If a client connection doesn't match
the criteria for any defined client connection policy, that connection is
If the connection policy matches a connection, the connection is assigned to that policy and no further evaluation occurs. If, after evaluating all of the defined client connection policies, no match is found, the connection is terminated.
For additional information, see Client connection policy configuration in the PingDirectory Server Administration Guide.
Complete the following fields:
- Subject: Enter a description of your request, including the action to be taken.
- Environment Type: Specify the type of environment affected by this request.
- Proposed Change Window: Specify the dates or times in which you want the work complete.
- In the Capability list, select .
- In the Client connection policy field, describe the change you want to make.
In the Business Priority list, select the appropriate
- Change needed by deadline to avoid business impact
- Change modifies existing functionality
- Change adds new functionality
- In the Description field, enter a description of your request.
- If you are tracking your request within your organization, enter the tracking ID or ticket number associated with it in the Customer Tracking ID field.
- To submit your request, click Save.