LDAP schemas define the types of data that can be represented in a directory server, the kinds of comparisons that can be performed against the data, the units of information that entries can store, and establish whether attribute types are required. To add, modify, or delete attributes, submit a request through the service request form on the Support Portal.
The PingDirectory Server allows its entries to hold virtual attributes. Virtual attributes are dynamically generated attributes that are invoked through an LDAP operation, such as ldapsearch, but are not stored in the Directory Server backend. Most virtual attributes are operational attributes, providing processing-related information that the server requires. However, the virtual attribute subsystem allows you to create user-defined virtual attributes to suit your requirements.
To see if a schema already exists that meets your needs, see See Viewing the list of default virtual attributes in the PingDirectory Server Administration Guide for details..
For detailed information regarding LDAP schemas, see Understanding the LDAP Schema.
Complete the following fields:
- Subject: Enter a description of your request, including the action to be taken.
- Proposed Change Window: Specify the dates or times in which you want the work complete.
- In the Capability list, select .
- In the Attribute name field, provide the name of the attribute you want to add, modify, or delete.
- In the Attribute type field, indicate whether the attribute you want to add, modify, or delete is real or virtual.
- In the Attribute syntax field, provide information regarding the syntax. See Attribute Syntaxes for syntax details.
- Optional: Select the Attribute required check box if the attribute is required. The attribute must be part of the entry or the server will reject the operation.
In the Attribute index type list, select the appropriate
- In the Object class name field, enter the name of the object class to which the attribute should be added.
- Optional: In the Additional information field, provide additional details that might be helpful to the representative who completes the request.
In the Business Priority list, select the appropriate
- Change needed by deadline to avoid business impact
- Change modifies existing functionality
- Change adds new functionality
- In the Description field, enter a description of your request.
- If you are tracking your request within your organization, enter the tracking ID or ticket number associated with it in the Customer Tracking ID field.
- To submit your request, click Save.