Platform version: 18.104.22.168
- PingFederate deploys with version 11.3.3 instead of 11.1.8. See the PingFederate 11.3.3 release notes for details regarding the release.
- PingDirectory deploys with version 22.214.171.124 instead of 126.96.36.199. See the PingDirectory 188.8.131.52 release notes for details regarding the release.
- PingDataSync deploys with version 184.108.40.206 instead of 220.127.116.11. See the PingDataSync 18.104.22.168 release notes for details regarding the release.
- Backend priming no longer occurs when PingDirectory is started, which decreases PingDirectory startup time.
- PingDirectory restarts have also been enhanced with increased health checking to reduce the chance of data inconsistencies within the cluster.
Backup and restore now occurs within its own
PersistentVolume. See About backing up and restoring data in the PingDirectory Server Administration Guide for details regarding these processes.
Kerberos authentication will no longer support RC4 encryption due to the use of the new 11.0.21 JDK version (which does not support this weak cipher). Any use of RC4 will need to be replaced with AES256 encryption.
Storage class provisioner and EBS volume type changes
Log file handling
Kibana (1.18 only)
Kibana logs older than 90 days must be dropped for the migration to the new StorageClass provisioner. However, raw PROD logs from this time period are still available in S3 but can be restored to Kibana via a service request after the upgrade.When searching indexes, results contain the same fields and data, regardless of which index is chosen. For example, pf-audit* and logstash* return the same results.