Page created: 15 Jul 2022 |
Page updated: 20 Jan 2023
The server provides mechanisms to send alert notifications to administrators when significant problems or events occur during processing, such as problems during server startup or shutdown. The provides a number of alert handler implementations, including:
- Error Log Alert Handler. Sends administrative alerts to the configured server error logger(s).
- Exec Alert Handler. Executes a specified command on the local system if an administrative alert matching the criteria for this alert handler is generated by the . Information about the administrative alert will be made available to the executed application as arguments provided by the command.
Groovy Scripted Alert Handler. Provides alert handler implementations defined in
a dynamically-loaded Groovy script that implements the
ScriptedAlertHandlerclass defined in the Server SDK.
- JMX Alert Handler. Sends administrative alerts to clients using the Java Management Extensions (JMX) protocol. uses JMX for monitoring entries and requires that the JMX connection handler be enabled.
- SMTP Alert Handler. Sends administrative alerts to clients via email using the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). The server requires that one or more SMTP servers be defined in the global configuration.
- SNMP Alert Handler. Sends administrative alerts to clients using the Simple Network Monitoring Protocol (SNMP). The server must have an SNMP agent capable of communicating via SNMP 2c.
- SNMP Subagent Alert Handler. Sends SNMP traps to a primary agent in response to administrative alerts generated within the server.
- Third Party Alert Handler. Provides alert handler implementations created in third-party code using the Server SDK.