An IdP adapter is used to look up session information and provide user identification to PingFederate. You must configure at least one instance of an IdP adapter in order to set up connections to SP partners.
PingFederate comes bundled with the PingID integration kit and the following adapters:
- HTML Form Adapter
- HTTP Basic Adapter
- Kerberos Adapter
- OpenToken Adapter
- Composite Adapter
- PingID Adapter
You can also deploy additional integration kits from the Ping Identity Downloads website.
You manage IdP adapter instances on thescreen.
- To configure a new instance, click Create New Instance.
- To modify an existing instance, select it by its name under Instance Name.
- To review the usage of an existing instance, click Check Usage under Action.
- To remove an existing instance or to cancel the removal request, click Delete or Undelete under Action.
- To retain any configuration changes, click Save.
- To discard any configuration changes, click Cancel.
Automatic multi-connection error checking occurs by default whenever you access this screen. The intent is to verify that configured connections have not been adversely affected by changes made here.
If you experience noticeable delays in accessing this page, you can optionally disable automatic connection validation on thepage.