The OAuth Client Set Authentication Selector enables PingFederate to choose configured authentication sources or other selectors based on a match found between the client information in an OAuth request and the OAuth clients configured in the PingFederate OAuth authorization server (AS). This selector allows you to override client authentication selection on an individual client basis in one or more authentication policies.
The OAuth Client Set Authentication Selector is only applicable to OAuth clients using the authorization code or implicit flow.
- Click Manage Authentication Selector Instances screen. to open the
- On the Manage Authentication Selector Instances screen, click Create New Instance to start the Create Authentication Selector Instance configuration wizard.
- On the Type screen, configure the basics of this authentication selector instance.
- On the Authentication Selector screen, click Add a new row to 'Clients', select an OAuth client from the list, and click Update.
Repeat the previous step to add more clients.
Display order does not matter.
Use the Edit, Update, and Cancel workflow to make or undo a change to an existing entry. Use the Delete and Undelete workflow to remove an existing entry or cancel the removal request.
To complete the configuration:
- Click Done on the Summary screen.
- Click Save on the Manage Authentication Selector Instances screen.
When you place this selector instance as a checkpoint in an authentication policy, it forms two policy paths: Yes and No. If the invoking client matches one of the clients from the set, the selector returns true. The policy engine regains control of the request and proceeds with the policy path configured for the result value of Yes. If the invoking client matches none of the clients from the set, the selector returns false. The policy engine regains control of the request and proceeds with the policy path configured for the result value of No.