An SP adapter is used to create a local-application session for a user in order for PingFederate to provide SSO access to your applications or other protected resources. You must configure at least one instance of an SP adapter in order to set up connections to IdP partners. You can also configure multiple instances of adapters (based on one or more adapters) to accommodate the varying needs of your IdP partners.
PingFederate comes bundled with OpenToken Adapter. You can also deploy additional integration kits from the Ping Identity Downloads website.
You manage SP adapter instances on thescreen.
- To configure a new instance, click Create New Instance.
- To modify an existing instance, select it by its name under Instance Name.
- To review the usage of an existing instance, click Check Usage under Action.
- To remove an existing instance or to cancel the removal request, click Delete or Undelete under Action.
- To retain any configuration changes, click Save.
- To discard any configuration changes, click Cancel.
After installing new adapter program files, you may be required to make additional configuration changes in areas such as adapter instances and connections. as prompted by the administrative console.
Automatic multi-connection error checking occurs by default whenever you access this screen. The intent is to verify that configured connections have not been adversely affected by changes made here.
If you experience noticeable delays in accessing this page, you can optionally disable automatic connection validation on thepage.