You can authenticate using a security key access your account or app securely with PingID.
- Pair your security key with your account to enable authentication. For information, see Setting up a security key or Managing your devices.
- Ensure you are using a browser that supports the use of a security key, such as Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, and that you have the latest version of the browser. The authentication process might vary slightly depending on the browser that you are using.
- To authenticate with a mobile device, the mobile device must be running
- Android devices: Android 7 or later
- iOS devices: iOS 13.3 or later
- If you are using a virtual machine (VM) to connect to your accessing device and want to authenticate using your security key, ensure that your VM is configured to recognize a USB device.
You can use a security key to access your account using a web browser or to access a Windows login machine.
- The authentication process might vary slightly depending on the browser that you are using and your organization's implementation.