If your iOS device supports FIDO2 biometrics, you can use the built-in biometrics in your device (Face ID or Touch ID) to authenticate with PingID for a secure sign-on experience. To set up your iOS device for secure authentication with PingID, you need to register or 'pair' it with your account.
You can use your iOS device (iPhone or iPad) to access your account or apps using a web browser.
PingID mobile app using biometrics and iOS biometric authentication are different methods of authentication:
- PingID mobile app: Allows you to authenticate when accessing your account from various different devices. Requires you to install PingID mobile app on your mobile device, and to pair it with your account.
- iOS biometrics authentication: Allows you to authenticate when accessing your account from a specific iOS device, using that device's built-in biometrics, through Touch ID or Face ID. You can only sign on to your account from the same device with which you want to authenticate.
Pairing your iOS or iPadOS biometrics device
Pair your iOS or iPadOS device so that you can use it to authenticate with PingID.
- Ensure your device supports FIDO2 biometrics and is running iOS 14 or later or iPadOS 14 or later.
- Set up biometric authentication on your accessing device, such as registering your face or fingerprints. Follow the manufacturer's guidelines to do so.
- Ensure you are using a browser that supports the use of FIDO2 biometrics, such as Safari, and that you have the latest version of the browser.