If you use a PIN code with your PingID desktop app, you can reset your code if you lose or forget it.
To reset your desktop app PIN code, you must unpair your device and then pair it again. You can create a new PIN code when you pair your device again.
If your desktop app requires a PIN code, you must enter your PIN code first to access the Unpair option. If a PIN code is required and you lost or forgot the code, you must uninstall and then reinstall the desktop app.
- If your desktop app requires a PIN code and you lost or forgot your code:
- Uninstall and reinstall the PingID desktop app. For more information, see PingID desktop app management.
- Contact your help desk to re-pair the desktop app to your PingID account.Note:
You can create a new PIN code during the re-pairing process.
- If your desktop app requires a PIN code and you know your code:
- Enter your PIN code.
- Click the Gear icon.
- Click Unpair.
- To confirm your selection, click Unpair.
- Unpair your desktop application from the list of your PingID services.Note:
If you have access to your Devices page, you can do this yourself. For more information, see Otherwise, you must contact your administrator to do it for you.
- After the desktop app service is unpaired, relaunch the PingID desktop app and pair
your desktop app.Note:
You can create a new PIN code during the pairing process. For more information, see Setting up PingID desktop authentication on a Macor Setting up PingID desktop authentication on Windows.