Use your security key to authenticate for a successful sign-on to your Windows device.
- The minimum version of Windows login you need depends on the following:
- If your organization requires you to enter a password to authenticate, you'll need PingID for Windows login 2.3 or later.
- If your organization has eliminated passwords, you'll need PingID for Windows Passwordless login 1.2 or later.
If you're not sure, check with your organization's administrator.
- If your organization requires you to enter a password when you sign on, it is not possible to use a FIDO2 security key to authenticate when accessing your Windows login account through RDP. If your organization has eliminated passwords, you can do so.
- To use your security key to authenticate when you are offline, you must authenticate successfully at least once when online. For more information, see Authenticating using a security key for manual authentication.
The authentication flow varies slightly according to your organization's configuration policy.
- Passwordless authentication