PingID allows you to use your
mobile device to sign on to your company services and applications with the added security of
To set up PingID mobile app authentication, you need to download PingID mobile app to your mobile device, and then register or 'pair' it with your account. Pairing creates a trust between the app and your account so that you can use the app to authenticate. After you've paired your device, each time that you sign on to your account you will receive a push notification to your mobile device asking you to authenticate.
PingID mobile app enables you to
authenticate from your mobile device using swipe, biometrics, number matching, or a
For details of how to pair PingID mobile app, see Using PingID mobile app authentication.
You can use PingID mobile app to access your account from a web browser, your company VPN, or to access your Windows login or Mac login machine. The pairing and authentication process might vary. For information, see Using PingID mobile app authentication.
The PingID mobile app using biometrics (fingerprint, face, or iris authentication) and Biometric web authentication are different methods of authentication:
- PingID mobile app: Allows you to authenticate when accessing your account from various different devices. Requires you to install PingID mobile app on your mobile device, and to pair it with your account.
- Biometrics authentication: Allows you to authenticate using your device's built-in biometrics, when signing on to your account, without downloading an app. You can only sign on to your account from the same device with which you want to authenticate. Biometrics authentication is available when using Windows Hello, Mac, and Android devices.
You do not need to launch the PingID mobile app each time you want to authenticate. As long as it is running in the background, a push notification automatically appears on your screen or lock screen prompting you to authenticate.
You can also launch the PingID mobile app to access additional options:
- Get an OTP or generate a new passcode for authentication. This is useful when your mobile device is offline and you do not have data or Wi-Fi access because your mobile device will not receive the push notifications that prompt you to authenticate using the PingID service.
- Add an organization: If you want to use the PingID mobile app to authenticate against accounts in more than one organization.
- Unpair your device: if you no longer want to use PingID to authenticate.
- Change your device: to move PingID authentication to a new device.
- Edit profile: to edit your profile picture or name.
- Swipe settings: if you have network issues and want to authenticate using a one-time password that can be generated from the PingID app, rather than swipe or biometrics.
- Send logs: send a log of your activity to customer support for help when
See also PingID mobile app management.