To set up PingID mobile app for secure authentication, you need to download the app to your iOS device, and then register or 'pair' PingID mobile app with your account.
Setting up PingID to authenticate using your mobile device typically involves the following steps:
- Download PingID from your app store or with the email link you receive from your organization.
- Pair your device. Pairing a device creates a trust relationship between your device and your account.
After you have paired your device, and authenticated successfully, you can also use it to authenticate for Windows login, or Mac login, if required.
Setting up PingID might vary slightly depending on the device model you are using, and the screens you see might vary from the ones shown here.
If your organization requires authentication by biometrics, you'll need to set up biometrics (such as fingerprint authentication) on your device.
Sign on to your account or app, and when you see the registration window, click
You'll see the Add a New Device window, showing the QR code.
Download and install the PingID app using one of the following options:
- From the App Store: On your mobile device, open the iPhone App Store (), search for PingID, and tap Install.
- Using the Apple Store link: On the PingID Registration window, click Available for iPhone and iPad, and from the Apple store site, install the app remotely on your iPhone or iPad.
- Generate an email link: On the PingID Registration window, enter your email address and click Get Download Link. After you receive an email with a link to download the app, click the link and follow the instructions to install the app.
If you are using the Legacy Registration window, after you've installed PingID mobile app, in the PingID Registration window, click
I already installed the PingID app to view the QR
Details of your pairing key and QR code are displayed in your web browser.
After the PingID app is
installed, on your mobile device, tap Open.
The PingID app opens.
The first time you access PingID, you'll be asked to accept the terms of service. Tap
A message opens telling you to accept all PingID permission requests, including notification requests, and camera permissions when prompted to do so.
Tap I Understand and accept the notification request.
The Welcome to PingID information window opens, giving you an introduction to the PingID mobile app and some basic tasks.
Tap Continue, and tap Allow or
OK to accept all PingID permission requests, including
notification requests and camera permissions.
To pair your device with the QR code, from the PingID app on your device, point
your device at the QR code in your browser.