The following use cases provide solutions to common PingID authentication issues that end users might encounter.
After entering the wrong password a number of times, I am told that I am locked out
- After three incorrect password attempts, you are locked out for two minutes. Try again after the two minutes have passed.
I'm trying to pair or authenticate with PingID mobile app using Face or Iris biometric authentication on my Android device. I am unable to complete the process as I get an error message 'Canceled'
Because of Android biometrics security limitations, Face and Iris recognition aren't supported for use with the PingID mobile app on some devices.
- Make sure you have defined biometrics on your device.
- If you are trying to use Face or Iris recognition, and your device doesn't
appear to be supported, try the following additional configuration steps:
- Configure Fingerprint authentication. On some devices, Face or Iris recognition only appears when Fingerprint recognition is also configured on the Android device.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of Android OS on your device. Some devices require the latest version of Android OS to support Face or Iris authentication with PingID mobile app.
If you still can't authenticate using Face or Iris recognition, then your device doesn't support face or iris authentication with PingID mobile app.Tip:
If you can't authenticate with Face or Iris recognition, use Fingerprint authentication.
I have defined both Face and Fingerprint on my Android device, but when I authenticate with PingID mobile app, I don't have the option to choose between them
- Some Android devices don't give the option to choose between different biometrics authentication methods when authenticating with PingID mobile app. In such cases, set the primary method you want to use to authenticate in your device settings.
- Because of Android biometrics security limitations, Face and Iris recognition aren't supported for use with the PingID mobile app on some devices.
I received a message that my device is jailbroken, but I don't think that my device is jailbroken.
If your company implements a policy that doesn't allow the use of a jailbroken device, you receive this error if your device is jailbroken. You might also see this error in the following instances:
- Scenario A: Your device has applications that contain code that appears the same as a jailbroken application, such as the Cydia app. If so, your device appears as jailbroken to PingID mobile app, preventing you from authenticating.
- Scenario B: If you backup and restore to your current device using a backup that originates from a previous device that was jailbroken, it flags your current device as jailbroken even though the jailbreak activity wasn't performed on your current device.
- Scenario A: Check whether you have any apps with the Cydia scheme and then
- On your device, open the Safari browser and in the address field, enter the
If you have an app that appears to PingID as a jailbroken app, a window displays asking you to Open this page in <problematic app name>.
- Uninstall any problematic apps that are listed in the alert.
- On your device, open the Safari browser and in the address field, enter the following:
- Scenario B: If you want to use PingID mobile app on this device, you must erase
all contents and settings and then reinstall PingID mobile app. Warning:
Erasing all content and settings deletes all of the apps, data, and personal settings from your device. Your device will reset to the factory defaults.
- On your device, go to Erase all content and settings. and tap
- If you want to restore a backup, make sure the device from which the backup restores doesn't originate from a device that was jailbroken in the past.
Authentication error message
If you have an authentication error, you receive an error message that varies depending on your device:
- You must have Touch ID enabled to authenticate with PingID.
- You must have fingerprint enabled to authenticate with PingID.
If these messages display, then your organization defined Fingerprint authentication as a requirement for signing on to services protected by PingID mobile app.
- To authenticate, enable Touch ID or Fingerprint recognition on your mobile device.