Use the information in this section to configure PingOne to use your Syniverse account.
- Go to .
The default Ping Server is shown, until a Custom Server is configured for the organization.
Select Custom Server to use the organization's Syniverse
account instead of the Ping service.
Warning: Selecting Ping Identity will result in deletion of the custom configuration, if one exists.
In the Syniverse Setup - Account message, click
Note: A custom Syniverse account applies across all PingOne applications of the environment.
To configure your Syniverse account to work with PingOne:
See the Syniverse article How to setup a Webhook for Receiving Messages and Notifications for more information.Note: These Syniverse configurations are required in order that Ping Identity's dashboards and reports will reflect complete and accurate data. Ping Identity will not be able to troubleshoot SMS or voice events related to Syniverse if these configurations are incomplete.
- Copy the URL from the Address field.
In your Syniverse account:
- In the Delivery Configuration, paste the URL that you copied from the PingOne Address field.
- Create 2 subscriptions: SCG-Message and SCG-Voice-Calls.
Copy/paste your Syniverse Access Token to the Access
Note: The system uses your access token to connect to your Syniverse account.
Recommended: In your account in the Syniverse portal, define an application that is dedicated to PingOne traffic. Use this application for analyzing PingOne traffic throughput, and troubleshooting SMS or voice message despatch cases.
Click the Verify Account button. That validates the
account to PingOne and
populates the Origination Numbers list from your Syniverse account.
- If the Access Token is incorrect, an Invalid account information error message will display.
- If your Syniverse account is not fully configured a yellow exclamation mark appears next to the Access Token field. If you click on it, the Syniverse Not Configured warning message appears.
- If there are no originating phone numbers in the Syniverse account, it will not be validated to PingOne.
If the account was successfully verified, the display will change to show a list of originating numbers from Syniverse.
In the Syniverse Setup - Select Numbers popup:
Select at least one origination number to use.
- Select the origination numbers to be used.
- Click the Show only selected/Show all toggle to display only the marked phone numbers and hide the numbers that are not selected, or to display selected and unselected numbers.
- Click Select all to select and mark all the origination numbers for this Twilio account.
- Click Unselect all to deselect and unmark all the origination numbers for this Twilio account.
- If you intend to use both SMS and voice, all your selected numbers must support both SMS and voice.
- Syniverse allows the use of sender IDs (in place of
telephone numbers) for commercial use or to comply with
regulations requiring SMSs to be sent as
transactional and not promotional.
When using the Ping Identity account, all originating numbers are defined as transactional with a sender ID in Syniverse. To achieve the same functionality in a custom Syniverse account, you must configure it directly in Syniverse.
- Sender IDs are displayed according to the Sender IDs sent in the API requests.
Select Done to continue with the configuration,
The Origination Numbers table displays.
For Toll-free and Short
code numbers, you can configure supported
Countries for notification recipients:
- Click in the Countries field. The Configure countries popup opens.
- Click in the Select countries field to
display the list of countries. Select a country from the
- Toll-free: You can add multiple countries in the Select countries list. If no country is specified, the specified toll-free number can only be used to dispatch notifications to United States recipient numbers.
- Short code: You can select only one country in the Select countries list. If no country is specified, the specified short code can only be used to dispatch notifications to United States recipient numbers.
- Select at least one origination number to use.
In Fallback to Default Account, select
Enable to use Ping Identity's sender account or
Twilio to fall back to as an alternative, if
Syniverse becomes unavailable for reasons explained in the following note.
If PingOne receives an error during the message despatch process that the used number is invalid, it will retry using another configured Syniverse number. After attempting to despatch the message and receiving an error for all configured numbers, the fallback flow is triggered.
- If there was no way of originating the SMS or voice event with the tenant's own Syniverse account and you defined a fallback, the event will be originated from the configured fallback account.
The following errors will cause fallback:
- All API errors (but not SMS delivery errors).
- No origination number was found on the Syniverse account.
- If a transaction was charged to a specific account (Ping or custom), it does not imply that subsequent transactions will be charged to the same account. The account charged for each transaction is determined on an individual basis. Preference is always given to the custom account.
- If you configured Fallback to Default Account as Enable, you will be billed at Ping Identity's rates and not at any preferential rates you have directly from Syniverse. In addition, Ping Identity originating numbers and setup parameters will be in force.
- Ping Identity:
Use Ping Identity's SMS/Voice sender account in cases of fallback.
Enter the Twilio Account SID, Auth Token and select at least one Origination Number:
Copy/paste the Twilio account SID to the indicated field.
Note: If the SID is shorter than 34 characters, an error message displays.
- Copy/paste the Twilio Auth Token to the indicated field.
Click the Verify Account button. That validates
the account to PingOne and populates the Origination
Numbers list from your Twilio account.
Note:If the account is successfully verified, the display changes to show a list of originating numbers from Twilio.
- If the Auth Token is incorrect, an error message displays.
- If there are no originating phone numbers in the Twilio account, it will not be validated to PingOne.
- Select at least one originating telephone number to use.
- Click Save.
To complete the setup process, click I Agree on the
Third-party Service Consent popup to confirm your legal
Note: You will only be asked for legal consent when entering a new Access Token.