Add additional predictors to a risk policy to identify possible fraudulent user behaviors.
PingOne Protect allows you add additional predictors to the out-of-the-box predictors in a risk policy. You can add custom predictors, composite predictors, and additional versions of certain out-of-the-box predictors. For more information, see Predictors, Adding custom predictors, and Adding composite predictors.
When you create a new predictor, it is included by default in any risk policies that you subsequently create.
When creating predictors, consider the following points regarding the relationship between the Predictors page and the Risk Policies page:
- When you create a new environment, it includes a default risk policy.
- When you first go to the Predictors page, you see the predictors that are included in the default risk policy.
- When you customize predictors, you see the change immediately in any risk policies that use the predictors that you modified.
- When you create new predictors, you can use them when you update existing risk policies or when you create new risk policies.
Most out-of-the-box predictors have settings you can configure. For more information, see Configuring predictors.
For most scenarios, you don't need to add additional out-of-the-box predictors, but there could be specific cirumstances when you need to add them. As an example scenario, you have a different risk policy for different user populations: one group of users travels frequently, and the other group never travels. In this scenario, you can add two User Location Anomaly predictors, each configured with a different radius distance and use the two predictors in different risk policies.
To add predictors:
- In the PingOne console, go to .
- To add a new predictor, click the + icon.
For Predictor, choose the predictor type you want to
You can only add additional predictors of certain predictor types.
In the Display Name field, enter a name for the
The display name is used in the Protect dashboard and policy configuration.
In the Compact Name field, enter a short name that is
returned in the API response.
You can't change the compact name after it's been saved.
- Configure the predictor.
- Click Save.