Page created: 13 Feb 2023 |
Page updated: 23 Mar 2023
Let’s add another rule to allow payments that are less than $10,000 USD.
- Go to Payment checks policy is selected. and make sure that the
- Click the Details tab, then click + Add Rule.
- For the rule Name, enter Permit payments up to 10000 USD.
Click the hamburger menu next to the Name field and
select Add "Applies When".
- In the Applies When section, click + Comparison.
- In Select an attribute, select Amount, which is the same attribute you used before.
- For the comparator, select Less Than.
- For the constant value, enter 10000.
Your new rule looks like this.
Click Save changes.
Rules are evaluated in order from top to bottom Let’s move the permit rule so it’s first.
Collapse the rule so that you only see the name, then click the drag bar and
reposition the permit rule above the deny rule.
Now that there's a second rule, let’s consider the combining algorithm. It determines how one or more rules are evaluated to make a decision. Instead of adding the permit rule, you could have used the combining algorithm alone to permit payments less than $10,000 USD. Let’s change the combining algorithm as if you didn’t already have the second rule.
For the Combining Algorithm, select Unless
one decision is deny, the decision will be permit.
For more details about combining algorithms, see Combining algorithms.
- Click Save changes.