You can edit an existing rule to change the custom filter and attribute mapping. You cannot change the source or target connection after a rule is created.
- Go to .
- Click Rules.
- Click a rule to open the details panel.
- Click the Overview tab.
- In the upper right, click the More Options menu and then click Edit Overview.
- Edit the Name or Description as needed.
- Click Save.
- Click the Configuration tab.
Do one of the following:
- For outbound provisioning, click the User Filter button. Enter a filter to define the users that will be provisioned. For more information, see Adding a user filter.
- For inbound gateway provisioning, click the LDAP filter button (optional). Enter an LDAP filter expression to define the users that will be provisioned. For more information, see LDAP filters.
- For inbound provisioning from Workday and SCIM identity stores, you can specify some additional options for onboarding new users. See Adding attribute mapping for inbound provisioning.
- For outbound provisioning to Google Workspace, you must map the addressFormatted attribute for the user’s address to appear in the Google Admin portal. For more information, see Google Workspace attribute mapping.
- Click the Attribute Mapping button. Review the attribute mappings. For more information, see Adding attribute mapping for outbound provisioning. For inbound provisioning, you can specify some additional options for onboarding new users. See Adding attribute mapping for inbound provisioning.
- Click Save.