Page created: 30 Sep 2021 |
Page updated: 9 Jan 2023
Use the promote function to change an environment's type from sandbox to production. Use the demote function to change an environment's type from production to sandbox.
For more information about environment types, see Environment properties.
- To promote or demote an environment, you must have the Environment Admin role.
- You can't delete a production environment unless you first demote it to sandbox.
- If you have a trial license, you can't create production environments or promote sandbox environments to production.
- In the Environments list, select the environment that you want to promote or demote.
- In the left navigation pane, click Environment.
- At the bottom of the page, locate the Promote or Demote button.
Do one of the following:
- To demote the environment, click Demote.
- To promote the environment, click Promote.