The following tips can help you solve problems that you have encountered when working with PingOne Protect.
- I don't see the Bot Detection and Suspicious Device predictors
- The Bot Detection and Suspicious Device predictors were added as part of the expansion to PingOne Protect. While you can still use the basic risk functionality with your existing PingOne Risk license, to use the new predictors, you must upgrade to a PingOne Protect license.
- When creating a new environment, I don't see the option to add the PingOne Risk service
- If you have a PingOne Protect license, the service to add is now called PingOne Protect.
- Predictor does not return a risk level value. Reason given is "Not enough information to access risk score"
- This might occur for a number of reasons:
- The predictor hasn't finished the required training period.
- Predictors learn only from successful transactions. Make sure that all your flows include updating the risk evaluation after the transaction has been completed. For the integration with PingFederate, this is handled automatically.
- The predictor is dependent upon input from the Signals (Protect) SDK, but the output from the SDK is missing. To resolve this issue, see the next section.
- Risk evaluations that use predictors that are dependent upon input from the Signals (Protect) SDK do not seem to contain the output from the SDK
This occurs when the Signals SDK is not successfully loaded and run during the transaction.
The simplest way to check that the output from the SDK was received is to look at the API response for the evaluation and verify that it contains a value for
details.device.id. You can also view the returned object in the entry for the event in the audit log in the PingOne Console ( ).
To help pinpoint the problem, use your browser's Developer tools while a transaction is carried out to confirm that the SDK was initialized and that the payload was generated. The Console tab of the Developer tools shows the relevant events or any errors that occur.
If you don't see the relevant events, take a look at the Network tab of the Developer tools to see why these scripts failed to load:
The failure of the scripts to load can be because of browser plugins, network access rules, or company policies.
After the underlying issue has been addressed, try the risk evaluations again and use the Console tab to confirm that the SDK was successfully loaded and initialized.
- I am having trouble with my PingOne DaVinci flow that includes risk evaluation
- I am having trouble with risk evaluations after installing and configuring the PingOne Protect Integration Kit (or PingOne Risk Integration Kit)
- Fallback value is not being assigned correctly to one of my predictors
- Verify that you did not select Medium as the fallback value for a predictor that is boolean in nature, such as geovelocity predictors. For such boolean predictors, you must set the fallback value to None, Low, or High.