Page created: 20 Jan 2023 |
Page updated: 10 Apr 2023
Add Burst SMS as your organization's provider account, to send SMS notification messages in place of the Ping service.
To add Burst SMS as your organization's provider account:
- Go to .
The default Ping Server appears, until a Custom Server or Custom Provider is configured for the environment.
Select Custom Provider.
Selecting Ping Identity or Custom Server deletes any existing custom provider configuration, if one exists.
- Provider Name: Enter a meaningful name for your Burst SMS provider account.
Authorization: select Basic and
- User Name: Enter the username for your Burst SMS provider account.
- Password: Enter the password for your Burst SMS provider
When editing an existing configuration, you can click Change Account to enter a new password for the custom provider account.
Origination Number: Click + Add Sender Phone
Number to configure a sender phone number. A new row is added.
Enter the following information:
Repeat this step to configure additional sender phone numbers.
- Sender Phone Number: Enter the phone number that sends the notification. You can leverage shortcodes and toll-free numbers for increased throughput for US numbers.
Phone Number Type: Enter the type of phone
number you are using:
- Standard: The Sender Phone Number must conform to the valid format of a full international phone number.
- Toll-free: The Sender Phone Number should be a valid toll-free phone number (US only). It is the customer's responsibility to confirm that the number is toll-free.
- Short code: The Sender Phone Number must conform to the valid format of a short code phone number (US only). It is the customer's responsibility to confirm that the number is a short code.
- Select the SMS checkbox to use the number for SMS call.
Fallback to Ping Twilio account: Configure the fallback
setting, to handle notification dispatch if your custom provider service becomes
unavailable for any reason: Enter the phone number that sends the notification.
You can leverage shortcodes and toll-free numbers for increased throughput for
- By default, the fallback option is set to Disable. No notifications will be sent while your custom provider service is unavailable.
- Select Enable to use Ping Identity's sender account to fall back to as an alternative and handle notification dispatch, while your Burst SMS account is unavailable.
To use Burst SMS to send SMS messages, configure this section.
- Type: Select the GET operation to issue SMS notification requests to the associated vendor URL endpoint.
URL: Enter the following URL:
- Plus sign: Select Enabled to enable the standard number format for the sender and recipient numbers, including a leading plus sign.
- Click Save.
- To check SMS configuration, in the SMS area, click Send Test SMS and in the popup window enter a destination phone number to test receiving an SMS notification from Burst SMS, and then click Send. A test SMS notification should be received on the destination phone.