Page created: 9 May 2023 |
Page updated: 9 May 2023
To set up single sign-on (SSO) access from the admin console to PingDirectory, configure PingOne, configure PingDirectory, and then test the sign-on experience.
Ensure that you have:
- A PingDirectory server that accepts LDAPS connections
This server will host the admin console that is being configured for SSO.
- The hostname and port for the PingDirectory server.
- A PingOne account.
For more information, see Getting started with PingOne SSO.
You can use groups to organize user identities, as explained in Groups. You can also set access to applications, as explained in Application access control.
During this process, you will:
- Set up matching users between PingOne and the PingDirectory environments that allows the server's
All Admin Usersidentity mapper to map the PingOne ID token to a Directory Server LDAP user.
- Set up the OpenID Connect (OIDC) application in PingOne.
- Configure the PingOne console and the PingDirectory server.